Thursday, April 1, 2010

To Osaka we go



It's been a little bit since I updated. After the hotel in Tokyo, they split everyone up and loaded us all on buses. My orientation was in Osaka.. When I heard it was going to be a 10 hour bus ride I almost died. However, it ended up being a really beautiful drive. Also (could be a good thing or a bad thing) I ended up with about 5 or 6 other Americans in the back if the bus. I didn't take as many pictures as I would have liked... Or really any at all but it ended up being amazingly fun. All I really have in fact is a super blurry picture but I'll just upload it anyways.
After we got to Osaka, it dawned on me that we weren't staying in a hotel but a youth hostel with a sento, or public bath. Not to complain or anything, but the hostel was cold and the bath was terrifying. It was really hard for everyone, including myself, to just strip naked but the water was nice, and we got through it. In the end, I ended up making some great friends. The people staying in my room with me were great even though I was the only native english speaker.



Over the two day orientation we played many games and had many discussions on safety in Japan. Everyone couldn't wait to leave and meet their host families

No comments:

Post a Comment