Sunday, April 4, 2010

Around the House


Ok, so I finally got permission to upload pictures of around the house! Most of the rooms have tatami matts, so I have to be careful of what I set down, since anything damp could produce mold... yum. Above is a picture of my room! On my bed I have a futon which is like the softest comforter EVER! As you can see, a lot of my walls are made of paper sliding doors.


The toilet here is also very different. A lot of public restrooms have both Japanese style toilets and Western style toilets (I'll take a picture of a Japanese one later). Anyways, in my host family's house, the toilet is Japanese style but with a western style toilet placed over it. Therefore, there is no flush, so you have to take water from the bucket at the side and pour it down the hole. I'm pretty sure the water is being reused from last night's bath.



This is the room with the bath in it. The rooms for the toilet and the bath are on seperate sides of the house. Before you get into the bath, you sit on the stool and shower and then get into the bath and soak for maybe 15-20 minutes.

This is the back garden that you can see from the window.


2 comments:

  1. wow that looks really cool. You are so lucky to have such an amazing experience like this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah it still is almost like a dream

    ReplyDelete